Pedaltrain introduces Daylight Overdrive and Nightlight Distortion
- Two brand-new, all-original circuits
- Discover new sounds and textures
- Both pedals are very dynamic, touch sensitive, and clean up beautifully
- Responsive to your guitar's input volume and picking attack
- True bypass
- Switchcraft Jacks
- Made in USA
“Daylight” is a symmetrical overdrive, with a musical and textural gain sound. There is a ton of headroom, where glassy notes have space to breathe and come to life. Daylight is a pleasantly dynamic, musical, and focused.
We designed this pedal to work well with various guitar and amp combinations, using every combination we could think of... vintage, boutique, budget, etc. Then, we spent a year sharing the pedals with session players in Nashville. This is the final product, and we like it a lot!
The controls are simple, just three knobs. Start with each control at 12:00 (high noon), and then experiment. We worked hard to make sure the 12:00 setting was a good starting place out of the box.
- Level: Level controls the volume of the output.
- Tone: Tone controls the darkness/brightness of the tone.
- Drive: Drive controls the amount of overdrive/distortion.
Notice the tone knob sweep is musical and usable through the entire range. As you back off the guitar’s volume pot, the pedal cleans up. At higher gain settings the sound does not collapse on itself. Descriptions are subjective, so listen to the audio clips to see if it is right for you.
"These pedals are really, really good. The tone knob circuit is do good. I wish I could go back and replay all the solos where I used [redacted] and replace them with Nightlight." - Jerry McPherson
"These pedals are exceptional. As good as, or better than, any boutique pedal in the market." - Kenny Greenberg
"Daylight loves my Strat. I am getting all of the Clapton tones... Nightlight + my '61 Les Paul = Gimme All Your Loving." - Gordon Kennedy
"Truly a home run... absolutely will be attached to my main rig." - Erick Cole
"To be honest, they do not sound like anything else I have ever played. I'm not just saying that either. Like, I don't hear any sort of circuit that is similar. I love them a lot." - Johnny Miller
"Daylight is awesome! It will live on my live board." - Barry Graul
- Made in the USA.
- Designed, built and tested in Nashville, Tennessee.
- True Bypass Switching. The devices use standard mechanical true-bypass switching. Audio will passthrough if the switch is turned off, and/or if there is no power to the pedal.
- Switchcraft jacks
- 9V only. External power supply required. Power supply not included. There is no battery clip inside.
- 9-Volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm center-negative barrel connector.
- Current Draw: Less than 10 mA
- (9v) DC power only. Do not run at higher voltages.
- Length x Width x Height (incl. sockets, knobs, etc.): 4.92” x 2.62” x 2.23” (125 mm x 66.5 mm x 56.6 mm)