A vintage-inspired guitar with loads of personality and tonal textures, the PRS S2 Vela continues in the style of the Mira and Starla models. The Vela boasts a new offset body shape that is at once elegant and edgy. Loaded with a PRS-designed Starla humbucker in the bridge and the newly designed PRS Type-D single coil in the neck, the Vela has a bright, punchy tone that sounds great plugged into your pedal board or straight into an amp. The coil-tap on the tone control allows the bridge pickup to split to single coils, providing a balanced tone that will cut through the mix with style.
Anchoring this guitar is a new PRS plate-style bridge with two saddles that were designed to compensate for intonation. This bridge harkens back to Paul's early designs and traditional bass plate-style bridges, but is top-loading for easy restringing. Like the bridge found on Paul's Guitar and some Private Stock models, PRS's new plate-style bridge features brass saddles and an aluminum plate for maximum tonal sustain.
• Solid mahogany body and beveled asymmetrical top
• 25" scale mahogany neck
• 22 fret rosewood fretboard
• PRS Plate-style top-loading bridge with brass saddles and aluminum plate
• PRS S2 Locking Tuners
• Hardware Type: Nickel
• PRS S2 Starla bridge pickup
• PRS S2 Type-D Single coil neck pickup
• Volume and coil-tapping tone control with a 3-way toggle pickup switch
• Gig bag included